Traveling has been fun, but it was a super long trip. We visited Civitavecchia Italy, Naples Italy, Valletta Malta, Piraeus Greece, Mykonos Greece, Kusadasi Turkey, Rhodes Greece, Santorini Greece, Chania Crete,Venice Italy.
We began our getaway in Rome where we were greeted by the friendly staff at Hotel Adriano they gathered our luggage and escorted us to our room where the wooden shutters opened to the view of the cobblestone roads where any direction leads to just another detailed ornate designed structure from artist like Bernini and Michelangelo.
I managed to squeeze in some tourism and fun! So, for those of you who haven’t already seen the Colosseum, the Pantheon, and the Trevi Fountain, here are a few fun recommendations of what to check out when in Rome! The emasculate fountains supplied fresh drinking water to quench your thirst from the shopping.
(for those of you who love to shop) Via Condotti, where all the high-end stores are located. And, after a long day of site-seeing (or shopping — wink, wink!). The many quaint restaurants serving Chardonnay with outdoor seating supplied the ambience only Rome could offer, while adoring well tailored dressed residents strolling by still awaiting the very best pasta in the world.
Directly across the road from the Vatican Museum we found Da Paolo, the outdoor seating facing the Vatican wall was nice and service was fantastic.
No words can describe anything beyond the walls. The City, The State, The history. Absolutely breathtaking everything was incredibly ahhhhh.
Walking around the City Center and into the Colosseum, I definitely felt the appreciation for the knowledge and culture of the people in that time. I can’t wait to watch Gladiator now!
Fun Facts about Rome, Italy:
Shakira isn’t the only one who knows something about she-wolves. Did you know that Rome’s mascot is a she-wolf that suckles and cares for the brothers Romulus and Remus (the founders of Rome)?
- Bring electrical converters
- Remember to wear your comfortable shoes
- Limited time? Do a guided tour
- Buy tickets for the Colosseum at the Palatine Museumdown the street to skip the long lines & walk right in
- Enjoy the Gelatos
- While in Rome is to throw a coin in Trevi fountain, they say if you do you will come back
- Tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapeland St. Peter and skip the lines at all of them with a reserved ticket
- Drink the water, from the tap, the fountains, everywhere, and it’s all safe to drink and delicious
- By law every public coffee bar in Rome must allow use oftheir toilets, many of them do not provide toilet paper
- Avoid entering a church, a place of culture or a museum in a very summery (as in, skimpy) dress. It is a good idea to keep a big scarf so you can quickly wrap it around your shoulders or legs when visiting some buildings
I hope this is helpful when in Rome,