It’s holiday party season, and you’re looking to dazzle your guests beyond their expectations. You must know How to Host a Fabulous Holiday Party and make sure you have a hassle-free fabulous time yourself by following the top 10 tips from, Foreverjanet
Christmas is a time for festivities, sharing, catching up and socializing. When you are planning your Christmas Party, You know the kind I’m talking about, right? I’m talking about festive kind with music, twinkling lights, specialty cocktails, mistletoe and spontaneous caroling – not to mention all my bff’s, family and neighbors mingling throughout your house, laughing, talking and generally having the best time they’ve ever had at any party ever. Poof! It can happen just like that. Actually, planning a holiday party is completely an attainable goal for any of us. And not just any party – You Can learn How To Host A Fabulous Holiday Party!
First, there are some important things to take into consideration;
1. Manage the party: It is essential to set the date for your party in advance and be sure that the day that you choose doesn’t conflict with any other big social events. Christmas time is a busy party period- a lot of people will be attending work Christmas functions, family dos and drinks with friends – so remember to take this on board. A party without any guests isn’t much of a party!
2. Be organized: It goes without saying; a successful party relies on the beautiful host being extremely organized. Once the date is set, make a list of everything that needs to be done and by when. Remember, Christmas comes around very quickly.
3. Invite the right people: After establishing what needs to be done and when, the next thing to do is to compile your guest list. Who you invite is very important and will vary depending on the type of occasion: possibly a small family party, family and friends party or work holiday party. Make sure you invite a mix of guests that will mingle together well, but if not… I figured if the haters wanna hate then allow them to go right ahead, observing the rest of us enjoy the party.
4. Find a venue that fits the style of the party: Once you have decided on your guest list, it’s a good idea to select a venue that will fit the guests and the style of the party. Research is key for this, pick the right venue and make sure it is available for the date you would like. Again, it is vital to start your research early for this as many venues get booked up early in the year. Remember ladies; a lot of people will be hosting a Christmas party. You may have enough space in your house, which is brilliant and cost effective.
5. Set a theme: A perfect way to create a good party atmosphere is to theme your event. There are a lot of great Christmas themes that you could do; my favorite is an ornament exchange. Decorate your venue well – your theme will set the ambience. It is a good idea to incorporate your theme into all elements of the party. Play it up!
6. The invites: Selecting the perfect invitations will set the tone for a memorable Holiday Party. It is essential when learning How to Host a Fabulous Holiday Party, that all of your guests know the details of the party: the date, time, venue and your contact details. Give everyone plenty of notice so that they can schedule it into their Christmas festivities.
7. Food & drink: When organizing food and drink for your party a good rule to go by is to break out the bubbly, girl! Champagne never goes out of style, and it makes any party feel instantly sophisticated. Plan for a half a bottle of wine per person. Add to this a couple of boxes of beer. It’s important to have drinks prepped, glasses set out and ice to hand so you are ready to serve as soon as guests arrive. This is a surefire way of putting guests to ease immediately. Girls, you know It is essential to serve enough food to mop up the alcohol. You can go from chips and dip to haute hors d’oeuvres. Pick up some grapes, cheeses, olives and salami from a deli or grocery store. Arrange them on a plate for a quick platter; with a variety of nibbles, you should be safe.
8. Entertainment: Inject the fun element into the party by organizing some entertainment – this doesn’t have to be expensive, you can produce a playlist with music, prepare some fun games. I love an ornament exchange or if it is a larger event book a DJ or a band. All of which will ensure that the guests are entertained.
9. RSVPs: I suggest contacting everyone to make sure they are able to attend, on some occasions invites go missing etc, a subtle reminder about the party never hurts and also gives you plenty of time to amend any orders for food/drink etc.
10. Finally, Have a fabulous time: Dress to impress. You’re the master of ceremonies, so glam it up — wear something fun and festive to set the mood. The party will arrive in no time and my final tip is: make sure you relax, enjoy your party and have fun too, because… there is always time for some dancing even Twerk if you want to: Chances are you’re tired of reading/hearing about Miley Cyrus having all the fun by now. But in case you’re not, you will still have the biggest and best Christmas party on the planet this year.